Champaign Central H.S. Announcements
DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS – PTSA
Students: Please make sure you are checking the lost and found located by room 119 if you are missing any items. It is starting to overflow and we need to get it cleared out.
CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES
Club pictures are today (3/10), and tomorrow (3/11). Schedules are around the school. The most updated schedule is in the display case next to Decker Theatre.
Pictures on TUESDAY in SEELY HALL / GYM are as follows: Newspaper (8:05), Spectrum Alliance (8:10), African American Assoc. (8:20), Archery (8:35), NHS (9:05), Chapter 14 (9:25), ALL SENIORS - Big Pic (10:00), NHS Seniors (10:30), Eco Club (10:50), Yearbook (11:45), Spanish Club (1:40), Spanish HS (1:55), Future Business Leaders (2:10), Student Council (2:35), Interact (2:50), & Sign Club (3:10). If you do not have a pass, see your sponsor. Any questions, see Ms. Salfelder in room 119. Yearbook Notes.pdf
Student Council Members: See Ms. Pennock in room 208 for a pass to be in the group picture at 2:35 pm today (Tuesday March 10th).
Congratulations to the Science Olympiad team on their 7th place finish at the Parkland Regional. Individual medalists include:
Abby Wenzel and Zoe Surles: 5th place Chemistry Lab
Experimental Design: 5th place: Zoe Surles, Lauren Hunt, and Divya Choudhary
Forensics: 2nd place: Lauren Hunt and Divya Choudhary
Fossils: 2nd place: Abby Wenzel and Dara Althouse
Protein Modeling: 2nd place: Isabelle Li and Sonam Jain
Wright Stuff: 4th place: Lauren Hunt and Sonam Jain
Circuit Lab: 5th place: Isabelle Li and Sonam Jain
COLLEGE AND CAREERS
Visiting the College & Career Center
- Wednesday, March 25th: Quincy University and the National Guard
- Wednesday, March 25th: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Thursday, March 26th: University of Miami (FL)
** Junior & Seniors, please RSVP by using your Naviance Student account or email Mr. Tanner
** Sophomores, please email Mr.Tanner (email@example.com) if you are interested
RISE Act, Informational and Application Workshops
- Session 3: Thursday, March 12, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Where: La Casa Cultural Latina, Room 107
DINNER WILL BE PROVIDED
Register Online: Click Here
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background: The Retention of Illinois Students & Equity (RISE) Act allows eligible undocumented students and transgender students who are disqualified from federal financial aid to apply for all forms of state aid.
RISE ACT, Taller De Aplicacion Financiera
- Session 3: Jueves, Marzo 12, 2020
Hora: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Donde: La Casa Cultural Latina
Cena Sera Servida
Para registrarse: Haga Clic Aqui
Correo electronico: email@example.com
Antecedentes: La ley RISE permite a estudiantes indocumentados, beneficiarios de DACA y estudiantes transgenero solicitar ayuda financiera estatal en Illinois.
Carle Volunteering Opportunity
- Thursday, April 9th from 10:15 AM - 10:45 AM at CCHS
- Students can RSVP by using their Naviance account or emailing Mr. Tanner
- Are you interested in the healthcare field, helping people, and making a difference? At Carle, volunteers help to make the patient experience great. Please attend the informational session on April 9th from 1015-1045am, if interested.
Honors Day Scholarships Available (Seniors Only)
1) Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (Deadline Has Passed)
2) Arthur B. Cooper Scholarships (Zeta Xi Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.)
3) Champaign Central High School Alumni Association
4) CUSF Difference Make Scholarship
5) Dana Buerkett Memorial Scholarships
6) First in the Family Scholarship
7) Kathy Murphy Scholarship
8) Keegan Bannon Memorial Scholarship
9) Lucien and Christine Nesbitt Memorial Scholarship
10) James L. Sisk Scholarship
11) Michael Hartter Scholarship
12) North End Scholarship
13) Pearl B. Sisk Scholarship
14) The Ben Watt's Memorial Scholarship
15) The Mariel and James Sholem Scholarship
16) Vincent O. Greene Scholarship
17) Volunteer Award
College & Career Center's Financial Aid/Scholarships Webpage
Summer Programs for Freshmen - Junior Students
Sonic Drive-In, Employment Opportunity
- 1010 Calvin Street, Savoy, IL 61875; 217-359-8901